To join us in Karitane, each dancer will need to complete an application form. This short application process helps us to understand why you want to be a part of this event, and who will fit best together in a group.
***Applications will open soon***
Our spaces are limited to a maximum of 36 participants. Preference will be given to those who:
- Are actively involved in their hometown Blues dance communities
- Are committed to sharing their learning experiences with their local dance community to further grow the Blues dance scene in New Zealand (or further afield)
- Are enthusiastic about developing their own Blues dancing in a challenging and collaborative environment
- Demonstrate a genuine love for Blues dance
Please also consider:
- You need to be at intermediate level or above as a Blues Dancer (some exceptions may apply)*
- You must be open to challenging and critiquing your own dance style
- You must adhere to our code of conduct at all times
- Our workshops will include close embrace
- You do not need to have a partner
- You must be happy to share a room and/or bed
- You need to be willing to pitch in a helping hand when asked (or rostered) for meal set-up/pack-down, etc.
As well as the above, we’ll be hand-picking each individual for a balanced group of leaders/followers who will enrich and inspire each other’s dancing throughout the weekend retreat.
*We have reserved a handful of spaces for beginner-intermediate dancers who meet our criteria but come from emerging scenes with fewer opportunities to “level-up”.
This timeline is still being confirmed by the organisers and is subject to change.
31 August 2018 – applications open
14 September 2018 – first wave applications close
22 September 2018 – first wave offers of place sent
6 October 2018 – first wave offers must be confirmed with a $110 deposit (or full $330 NZD) by this date
6 October 2018 – second wave applications close
16 October 2018 – second wave offers of place sent
31 October 2018 second wave offers must be confirmed with a $110 deposit (or full $330 NZD) by this date
30 November 2018 – second $110 installment due from all participants
31 December 2018 – final installment of $110 due from all participants
15 February 2019 – retreat begins