To join us in Karitane, each dancer will need to complete an application form. This short application process helps us to understand why you want to be a part of this event, and who will fit best together in a group.
***Applications are now closed for 2018***
Our spaces are limited to a maximum of 30 participants. Preference will be given to those who:
- Demonstrate a genuine love for Blues dance
- Are enthusiastic about developing their own Blues dancing in a challenging and collaborative environment
- Will share their learning experiences with their local dance community to further grow the Blues dance scene in New Zealand (or further afield)
Please also consider:
- You need to be at intermediate level or above as a Blues Dancer (some exceptions may apply*)
- You must be happy to share a room and/or bed (there are no single person room options available)
- You must be open to challenging and critiquing your own dance style
- You must adhere to our code of conduct at all times
- Our workshops will include close embrace and micro blues
- You do not need to have a partner
As well as the above, we’ll be hand-picking each individual for a balanced group of leaders/followers who will enrich and inspire each other’s dancing throughout the weekend retreat.
*We have reserved a handful of spaces for beginner-intermediate dancers who meet our criteria but come from emerging scenes with fewer opportunities to “level-up”.
31 October 2017 – Applications open (first wave)
14 November 2017 – First wave applications close. Any applications received after this date will be considered in the second wave if space is available.
20 November 2017 – First wave offers of place sent
4 December 2017 – First wave offers must be confirmed with $100 deposit (or full $300NZD) by this date
4 December 2017 – Second wave applications close
10 December 2017 – Second wave offers of place sent
31 December 2017 – Second wave offers must be confirmed with $100 deposit (or full $300NZD) by this date
31 January 2018 – Second $100 installment due
28 February 2018 – Final $100 installment due
16 March 2018 – Karitane Blues Retreat begins